Enviroment Quality Policy
Enviroment Quality Policy
Environmental Quality Policy
O.D.L. S.r.l. General Management has examined its own products, its business processes and the environmental position of its warehouses to define the environmental policy to be adopted. O.D.L. S.r.l. is a company that may be included among the small firms with about 45-50 employees and a covered area that has now reached about 2300 square meters in which design, machining, assembly and testing operations are carried out. The warehouses in which the work activities take place are located in a traditional touristic area where the industrial presence is very important for the territory to ensure and provide fixed jobs to resident population. The warehouses are located on an area which previously had always been used for agricultural purposes and therefore without any contamination from previous activities. Environmental impacts of O.D.L. activity are now modest and easily controllable since an old General Management’s choice. Considering the results of the initial environmental analysis of both the production site and the business purposes related to the implementation of the Environmental Management System, it is hereby agreed that:
1. O.D.L. General Management considers the environmental commitment as one of the fundamental values to be pursued in future and as a stimulus in the production system of the territory. This is why this Environmental Policy will be available to the public and will be used as a promotional vehicle to increase the general environmental protection awareness towards suppliers who carry out environmental critical processes and outsourcing processes and towards any institutions, during any convention and in every occasions in which the company will be involved.
2. This Environmental Policy is therefore widespread among the company staff so that the attention to the environment can be reached by all stages and levels in the firm.
3. The company highlights the strategic role that environmental protection plays for the economic and social development of the company and states the desire to increase all work activities while safeguarding the environment, in compliance with environmental laws and regulations applicable in the company, and where technically and economically possible, even to act to further reduced the environmental impacts in a more restrictive way than required by the law.
4. Continuous improvement will be achieved both progressively reducing the environmental impacts generated by the business activities of the company, and involving the employees on the environmental protection and on the eco-system management of the company. Moreover, as far as possible, the company engages itself to encourage suppliers to adopt and achieve environmental standards according to its own Environmental Management System.
Issue 22/04/1999 Rev. 30/01/2012 Page 2 of 2
5. Pollution prevention will be achieved by seeking the causes of environmental impacts and a commitment to reducing them.
6. The involvement of employees will be pursued by investing in the necessary resources, not only economic but also professional, in order to achieve a more active participation in the environmental management system.
7. The company is engaged, as far as technically and economically feasible, in designing products ensuring a minimised environmental impact during the production, the use and the final disposal.
8. The company is engaged in the inspection and supervision of the Environmental Management System, through audits and reviews in order to achieve and improve the environmental purposes and targets. The audits and reviews will be performed in analogy to the Quality System. These operations will be documented in order to provide evidence that environmental policy is an integral part of business activities.
The Person Responsible for Environmental Management